Documentation and Multimedia
Who needs software documentation?
You do. Whether you're rolling out a software application developed for internal use or for retail sale, clearly written and concise documentation is a necessity. So why is it often left to the last minute, left to non-writers to produce, or left out completely?
- Organizations want to save money. But how much money is saved when a multi-million dollar project is scrapped because users can't understand how to use it?
- Organizations want to save time. Yet poor or missing documentation can lead to a greater need for training and retraining, resulting in lost work time and lower productivity.
- Organizations want to save resources. But resources saved by eliminating documentation can result in resources wasted in additional help desk calls.
Documentation-a differentiator in boom times
When times are good and business is surging, competitors come out of the woodwork. How do you achieve that competitive edge and maintain user loyalty?
- Well-produced documentation, such as online help or printed user guides, helps to differentiate your software product from all the others.
- Documentation that actually answers users' questions plays a large part in gaining user acceptance of a product.
Documentation-a necessity in crunch times
When times are tough and budget cuts abound, documentation becomes even more critical. Although never just a "nice to have," documentation now becomes a risk mitigation tool that helps ensure success of each software development project.
- End-user documentation shortens the learning curve for new software products and increases user productivity.
- Clearly written documentation can save millions of dollars wasted on "shelfware" that users find too difficult to use.
- Software projects have a higher success rate and promote Information Technology's capabilities.
Ever read a poorly written software manual that makes everyone confused?
Afraid the next one your organization needs to write will turn out the same way? What options do you have?
- Your own developers can write the documentation, but will anyone else be able to understand it?
- You can hope that the software is user-friendly enough without documentation, but what if it isn't?
- You can hire a full-time technical writer, but how will that impact salary structure? Will there be enough work once the manual is finished?
If your organization is struggling with the demands of balancing resources, time, and budgets, look no further than B2B Solutions.
Why B2B Solutions?
We provide unparalleled expertise in the area of Technical Communications. Through years of working with production software developers, our technical writers have gained the experience to create professional, high quality software documentation that users will treasure.
- RoboHelp Classic and HTML
- MS Office Products
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Macromedia Director
We specialize in the following assignments:
- Online Help Systems
- White Papers
- Multimedia Presentations
- Printed/Electronic User Guides
- Corporate Logos
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Software Usability Reviews
- Marketing Materials
- Training Materials
- Attention to Detail. While often a characteristic of good technical writers, our attention to detail is exceptional. We have identified many issues in our software reviews, such as misspellings on screens and incorrect links, which our clients' QA departments have overlooked.
- Creativity. The ability to write well and the creativity to produce stunning graphics are often mutually exclusive. Our technical writers, however, incorporate clear, concise writing style with creativity to produce professional, high quality documents.
- Effective Communication. Producing quality documentation is more than writing a series of steps; it takes an ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of an organization. We have the people skills to interact with everyone involved in a project, from project managers to application developers. We speak your language. Our technical writers possess an array of skills and qualities rarely found in the same individual.
Whether you are looking for an online help system for your Web site, a printed user guide, or advice on the "look and feel" of your application, we are here to leverage our expertise on your most vexing problems. Our experience has given us knowledge; we make this knowledge work for you.